Firstly, Episode Two is out!
At the moment, it's only out for Windows, but there will be releases for other platforms coming soon. For those who are extra keen, you can actually play the game on just about any operating system by running the index.html file and playing in an internet browser.
I will have a small update/patch for the game soon. It'll include some fixes to stop clipping through walls and objects in a couple of maps, some small dialogue fixes, some new items, and some more details around the place. There might be some small graphical changes too.
In other news, the Steam edition of the game is going ahead! I have an API and product ID for the game now, so I can start prepping its release. The Steam edition will include achievements, and will update automatically, so you don't have to worry about patching manually. It will be a paid release, but under $5AUD, and free keys will be given to all Patreon supporters. It will include all episodes (they will unlock as they are released).
I also dropped my Macbook off for repair today, so hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to build, test, and release a MacOS build of the game.
Episode 2 Update 2.0.8
Lots of new updates as work ramps up to the final stages. I've actually lost track of what's been updated when, but some of the recent additions:
- New quest line for the potato clown cannon / cabinet leaks
- Scripted secret battle with Thoth, the Ibis God
- New skills and abilities, including "No Homo" protective spell
- Animated enemies - just a small breathing animation in the classic RPG style
- Sam Dastyari battle (WIP)
- Pub Test quest (WIP)
- Many balances and tweaks, particularly for battles
- New tailor shop in Sydney
- Bug fixes
- Dialogue changes and updates for relevance
Will be up on Google Drive for Patreon supporters in a few minutes.
Re-branding, Patreon launch, Episode 2 preview, Episode 1 update.Hello, all!
This is a rather big update, mostly because I've decided to rename the series The Adventures of Team Australia as TAATQFTSOW was getting a bit tedious and also because I want to keep things a bit more open - this gives me the option of making episodes more central to other characters, like Peter, ScoMo, Kevin, and those batshit crazy Nationals.
Episode 1 UpdateI've also updated Episode 1, which is now The Adventures of Team Australia, Episode 1: The Suppository of Wisdom. Changes:
- New title screen and title music
- Party avatars now visible in arguments (battles)
- Reduced some random encounter frequencies
- Added new item in end-game sequence, a (political) compass that should help find Margaret's grave.
- Also reduced the size of Chelsea Hospital
I'm working on mobile releases; I have a working prototype of Episode 1 on android, but need to do a lot of boring developer stuff to get it on the Play Store. Should be done within the next few weeks though. I'll also have it on the Apple App Store, but that will also take a little while, as I can only do that from my Macbook, which is currently needing some repairs.
I've finally launched a Patreon page! Check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/edsmith
There are lots of great rewards for patrons and I'm open to suggestions for more. For anyone choosing the early access option, I'll have an early build of Episode 2 available within a week.
Episode 2 Preview
I wanted to make a short video showing some of the features of episode 2, but it ended up going for almost 40 minutes! I was a bit drunk recording it, so please excuse any slurring. You can of course skip through to whichever bits you find relevant, but it shows some of the cool new things in Ep2, like:
- Day/night cycle
- Dynamic weather and dynamic world
- Party avatars in arguments
- Enemy animations in arguments
- Diary quest system
- New class and party character
- Changing avatar and sprite graphics based on equipment
- Map of Sydney
- Replaced random encounters with environmental encounters
- Replaced "Game-Over" with dynamic difficulty settings
- Windows 95 environment
This episode is going to be so much bigger than I had initially planned, and I might even cut it off soon and split it into two parts. Most of the bigger changes can easily be carried into later episodes too.
There's still plenty to do, but things are going well, and it's going to be so good when it's finished!
Keep fucking up the patriarchy,
Episode 1 version 1.02 changes
- Advice line should now always give correct advice.
- Joe shouldn't randomly appear after defeating debating team members if he wasn't already with you.
- Fixed a bug where 'Big Smoke' ability would cause opponents to become invulnerable.
- True Blue Fair Dinkum Totally Genuine Aussie Battler Tradie Who Just Wants To Get Ahead Through An Investment Property should *hopefully* no longer slow down the game with his aggressive negative gearing.
- Fixed a bug where the door on the second basement level would sometimes become inaccessible.
- Corrected an exploit where you could get unlimited money from the receptionist at the radio studio.
- Stinging eyes now prevents use of Snapchat.
- All WP and CP will now be restored on level-up.
- A few more items have been added around the place.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Minor balancing changes.